Join the 2018 webinar series in climate tracking and transparency
World Resources Institute’s Tracking and Strengthening Climate Action (TASCA) initiative, together with the Partnership on Transparency in the Paris Agreement (PATPA), are pleased to launch a Climate Tracking and Transparency webinar series with 12 sessions to be held throughout 2018.
WRI’s TASCA initiative provides governments with the tools and resources they need to track the implementation and effects of their commitments under the Paris Agreement – the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) – and the underlying policies that support them.
The project helps countries to identify further opportunities to curb emissions, which will enable them to take on more ambitious climate commitments in the future. Enhancing countries’ domestic capacity to track and strengthen their climate actions will support the implementation of the international transparency provisions of the Paris Agreement.
The webinar series will explore critical topics that support countries’ domestic systems around transparency and information-sharing on NDCs. The webinars will feature presentations and interactive discussion among experts, practitioners and national government representatives.
The series kicks off on June 12th at 9 am EDT with an in-depth look at how to measure corporate and facility-level emissions. Register for the webinar here.
Webinars will be recorded and made available online on this page for those who are unable to attend. Please register so you can receive video recordings.
Webinar schedule and topics
- Tuesday, June 12, 9 a.m. EDT: Measuring Corporate and Facility-Level Emissions (register here)
- Tuesday, July 10, 9 a.m. EDT: Measuring Subnational Level Emissions
- Thursday, July 19, 9 a.m. EDT: Tracking Climate Finance Flows
- Tuesday, August 14, 9 a.m. EDT: Tracking Adaptation Finance
- Tuesday, August 28, 9 a.m. EDT: Open Data and Visualization: Emissions and Climate Policy Online Platforms to Support MRV
- Thursday, September 13, 9 a.m. EDT: Increasing Adaptation Efficiency by Improved National and Sub-National M&E Systems
- Thursday, September 27, time TBA: Measuring Effects of Policies and Actions
- Thursday, October 25, 9 a.m. EDT: Measuring Non-State and Subnational Climate Action: Aggregation and Integration
- Tuesday, October 30, 9 a.m. EDT: Measuring Progress and Achievement Toward Mitigation Targets
- Tuesday, November 13, 9 a.m. EST: Measuring Transformational Change Impacts
- Tuesday, November 20, 9 a.m. EST: Experiences and Tools for BUR and ICA
- Tuesday, November 27, 9 a.m. EST: Tracking Policy Implementation
For any questions or comments, please contact Cynthia Elliott.