Annual bulletin of transport statistics for Europe and North America
The Annual bulletin of transport statistics for Europe and North America presents statistics and brief studies on transport along with tables on energy consumption for transport. Data covers Europe, Canada and the United States.
Data in this publication covers transport activity; transport equipment and transport infrastructure by mode (rail, road, inland waterway, and oil pipeline). General information on population, energy consumption in transport and on road traffic accidents are also provided.
The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) is one of the five United Nations regional commissions, administered by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
The UNECE Inland Transport Committee (ITC) facilitates the international movement of persons and goods by inland transport modes. It aims to improve competitiveness, safety, energy efficiency and security in the transport sector. At the same time it focuses on reducing the adverse effects of transport activities on the environment and contributing effectively to sustainable development.
The ITC is a:
- Center for multilateral transport standards and agreements in Europe and beyond, e.g. regulations for dangerous goods transport and road vehicle construction at the global level
- Gateway for technical assistance and exchange of best practices
- Promoter of multi-country investment planning
- Substantive partner for transport and trade facilitation initiatives
- Historic center for transport statistics.
This is the trilingual edition of the 2012 Annual bulletin of transport statistics for Europe and North America, in English, French and Russian.
For other UNECE transport resources click here.