Climate Rapid Overview and Decision Support (C-ROADS) Simulator
C-ROADS is a computer simulation that helps understand the long-term climate impacts of emission reduction policy scenarios. C-ROADS translates climate mitigation scenarios and pledge levels into emissions, concentrations, temperature, and per-capita emissions outcomes at the global level. The model quickly runs real-time policy analysis, allows users to test ‘what if scenarios’, and analyzes up to 15 different nations or regions simultaneously.
- Translates climate mitigation scenarios into emissions, concentrations, temperature, and per-capita emissions outcomes
- Offers ability to quickly run real-time policy analysis on a laptop or desktop computer
- A graphical user interface that non-modelers can use to test ‘what if scenarios’
- Ability to analyze up to 15 different nations or negotiating blocs simultaneously.
- Backed by a scientific review committee of renowned climate and systems dynamics experts
- Outputs are consistent with the larger, more disaggregated models used in the IPCC’s AR4
- Model assumptions, inputs, and methodology are made transparent and in many cases can be easily adjusted to suit the user.
Key questions addressed:
- What is the aggregate effect of multiple countries’ climate policies on staying below certain temperature and GHG concentration targets?
Sample data inputs:
- Greenhouse gas emission profiles
Sample quantitative outputs:
- Future greenhouse gas concentration, temperature, and sea level rise
C-ROADS Overview, by Climate Interactive
Video tutorials are available on the C-ROADS website.