CLIMWAT is a climatic database to be used in combination with the computer program CROPWAT. and allows the calculation of crop water requirements, irrigation supply and irrigation scheduling for various crops for a range of climatological stations worldwide.
CLIMWAT provides long-term monthly mean values of nine climatic parameters:
- Mean daily maximum temperature in °C
- Mean daily minimum temperature in °C
- Mean relative humidity in %
- Mean wind speed in km/day
- Mean sunshine hours per day
- Mean solar radiation in MJ/m2/day
- Monthly rainfall in mm/month
- Monthly effective rainfall in mm/month
- Reference evapotranspiration calculated with the Penman-Monteith method in mm/day.