LEDS GP factsheet: The Finance Working Group
The Low-Emission Development Strategies Global Partnership (LEDS GP) Finance Working Group provides technical assistance, matchmaking, training and case studies of financing strategies and approaches. The Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN), the United States Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), the Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands (ECN), and the Ministry of Planning and Investment of Viet Nam lead the activities of this Working Group.
The Working Group offers technical assistance to developing country government agencies preparing and implementing LEDS, and to technical institutes supporting these agencies. Inquiries should be related to the development of LEDS financing strategies and programs. The team will provide no-cost consultations via telephone and email to:
- review your draft financing strategies
- provide information on financing, investment and funding options
- advise on policies and measures for mobilizing investment
- identify opportunities and sources for capacity building on LEDS finance
- support matchmaking with potential funders and offer guidance on finance proposals, such as those to the Green Climate Fund.
Read more about what the Working Group can offer here.
Image credit: Asian Development Bank/Flickr