Monitoring national climate finance: Webinar and related resources
Tracking climate finance in a consistent and comprehensive way is key towards understanding the resources spent in achieving the goals set out by a country’s nationally determined contribution (NDC). Furthermore, strong monitoring and tracking systems help to attract more climate finance.
In this webinar Neil Bird, Senior Research Fellow at ODI and specialist in environmental policy and international funding mechanisms, highlights five tools that can support climate change financial monitoring and gives key enabling conditions for identifying their effective application. The webinar looks at the following tools:
- Climate aid reporting of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (
- Multilateral development bank reporting;
- UNFCCC reporting;
- National climate finance studies; and
- National budget tracking.
Access the presentations from the webinar
- Introduction – Finance Working Group Co-chair James Rawlins (ECN)
- ‘National monitoring approaches for climate change public finance‘ – Neil Bird (ODI)
Watch the webinar below
Photo: Asian Development Bank