Prospective Outlook on Long-Term Energy Systems (POLES)
Prospective Outlook on Long-Term Energy Systems (POLES) is an econometric, partial-equilibrium world model.
POLES allows users to:
- project energy demand and supply by region/country and international oil/gas/coal prices;
- simulate technology development for electricity supply; and
- simulate CO2 emissions and analysis of CO2 abatement policies and carbon values.
It is a valuable tool for addressing the long-term energy, technology and climate change issues. dressing the long-term energy, technology and climate change issues. Its world dimension makes explicit the linkages between the energy demand and supply.
Key questions addressed:
- What is the projected energy demand and supply based on international fuel prices?
Sample data inputs:
- Energy resources
- Power generation
- Emission profiles
- Oil and gas resources
- Technology costs
Sample quantitative outputs:
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Energy prices
- Diffusion of key technologies