Upcoming webinar: Integrating Climate Action Planning with National Level Ambitions
Time: 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm India Time / 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm Bangkok Time
Date: 12 December 2018
Join the Asia LEDS Partnership and our Multilevel Climate Governance Community of Practice for a discussion on vertical integration of climate action planning, with lessons from Southeast Asia and India
Asia LEDS Partnership Secretariat, hosted by ICLEI South Asia, has recently launched a Community of Practice (CoP) on Multilevel Climate Governance (MLCG). As part of the CoP activities, ALP are organizing a facilitated online session on the topic of climate action planning entitled ‘Integrating Climate Action Planning with National Level Ambitions: Key Learning from Southeast Asia and India’.
The session aims to share key discoveries and learning on how vertical integration of climate action planning takes place. The webinar will focus on examples from South and Southeast Asia, through presentation and discussion by the core teams working on Ambitious City Promises (ACP) in Indonesia, Philippines, and Vietnam in cooperation with Seoul Metropolitan Government from South Korea and CAPACities Project in four leading cities India, i.e. Rajkot, Udaipur, Siliguri and Coimbatore.
The ACP initiative, funded by the German Ministry for Environment (BMU) through its International Climate Initiative (IKI), will share insights of successful community engagement model for developing effective and ambitious climate action plans by establishing inclusive low emission urban economies. Similarly, the CAPACities project brings in the ClimateResilientCITIES Action Plan (CRCAP) methodology. It is tailor made for Local Governments (LGs), providing step by step guidance for the development of a climate resilient city action plan. Each of these examples primarily addresses the national level commitment for climate change at a local level.
Find out more about how to join the MLCG CoP here.
Ambitious City Promises Team
- Jiwon Lee – Global Projects Officer, ICLEI World Secretariat
- Ranell Martin Dedicatoria – Regional Program Manager, ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat
CAPACities Project Team
- Soumya Chaturvedula – Deputy Director, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability South Asia
- City representative from Rajkot, India
- Welcome and Opening remarks (5 mins) – Aditi Paul, Asia LEDS Partnership
- Introducing MLCG CoP and the need for local action to address national level commitment (10 mins) – Asia LEDS Partnership
- Project evolution, achievements and key insights in developing inclusive and ambitious climate action plan for low emission development (20 mins) – Ambitious City Promises (ACP) team
- CRCAP framework, achievements and key learning engaging with Cities (20 mins) – CAPACities Project
- Q & A session (30 mins)
- Discussion on next steps (5 mins) – Aditi Paul, Asia LEDS Partnership
To register to the online session click here.
For more information, please contact the Asia LEDS Partnership Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo: Udaipur, India (Pixabay, CC0 Creative Commons)