The LEDS GP Secretariat is proud to present the joint announcement of the Renewable Energy for Latin America and the Caribbean (RELAC) Initiative, taking place during the COP25 on Tuesday, December 10th from 13:35 to 14:00 at the Chilean Pavilion.
This event will bring together LAC countries on a joint effort to scale-up renewable energy in the region as part of the contribution to the Paris Agreement.
This annoucement will include:
Statements from LAC countries:
- Mrs. María Fernanda Suárez, Colombian Minister of Mines and Energy.
- Mr. Juan Carlos Jobet, Chilean Minister of Energy.
Statements of Support:
- Ms. Rita Schwarzelühr-Sutter, State Secretary, German Federal Ministry of Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU).
- Ing. José Medardo Cadena, Director for Energy Integration, Access and Security, OLADE.
- Mr. Francesco La Camera, Director General, IRENA.
- Dr. Fatih Birol, Executive Director, IEA
We look forward to seeing you there on Tuesday!
For more information on this event, please consult our brochures: