The Climate Helpdesk – Impact Stories
Do you need support in designing, implementing or updating your Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC), long-term strategy (LTS) or transparency systems? The Climate Helpdesk is available for your support. It is a global advisory network providing rapid, high-quality, short-term technical assistance for developing countries. The Climate Helpdesk is a joint service offered by two global initiatives: The LEDS Global Partnership and the Partnership on Transparency in the Paris Agreement (PATPA). The Secretariat of the Climate Helpdesk is hosted by the GIZ Support Project for the Implementation of the Paris Agreement (SPA).
The Climate Helpdesk in action
The Climate Helpdesk provides assistance supporting partner countries on the following topics:
- Expert guidance and technical review of climate related policies, plans and programs
- Sharing studies, analyses, reports, and guidance documents on NDC updates and implementation
- Strategies and measures for mobilising private and public investment in NDC and LTS priorities
- Methods and resources for linking national and subnational governments in the LTS and NDC planning and implementation processes
- Policies and programs for implementing climate-resilient low-emission measures in agriculture, forestry and other land use (AFOLU), energy and transport sectors
- Methods and tools for assessing LTS baselines, technology and policy options, as well as pathways and impacts
- Technical assistance to align NDC and LTS measures
- Review of greenhouse gas (GHG) inventories for specific sectors
- Establishing sustainable and robust transparency systems, including appropriate institutional arrangements
- Preparation for the submission of Biennial Update Report (BUR) and in the future Biennial Transparency Report (BTR)
- Support of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) in the field of adaptation
Between 2019 and 2020, the Climate Helpdesk has received 39 requests. 18 requests have been completed and 21 requests are ongoing.
The Climate Helpdesk Impact Stories presents selected examples of support provided worldwide ranging from Argentina, Algeria, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, Mongolia, Namibia, Nepal, Sri Lanka, to Zimbabwe.
Did we catch your interest? Request assistance!
The Climate Helpdesk accepts requests from developing countries and government agencies. Technical and other institutions and organisations, that are working directly with national governments to plan and implement their NDCs, LEDS or transparency systems, may also request support, if endorsed by the national UNFCCC focal point or the Ministry of Environment.
To request support, please contact email@example.com.