Event Invitation: Green Bonds Basics
Would you like to start a professional journey in climate finance and learn more about financing solutions for climate action? If your answer is yes, we would like to invite you to the “Green Bonds Basics” presentation, a common effort by the LEDS Global Partnership, the Asia LEDS Partnership, the Africa LEDS Partnership, and the Climate Bonds Initiative. The presentation will introduce the main conceptual points to understand this successful debt instrument and how it can be used to tackle climate change and to promote sustainable development.
This webinar-style presentation will be delivered in English, via zoom, by Climate Bonds’ Lead Trainer, Abraham Pedroza. Click here to register.
Date: Tuesday, 21 September 2021
09:00 – 10:30 London
10:00 – 11:30 CEST
11:00 – 12:30 Nairobi
16:00 – 17:30 Singapore
- What is a green bond?
- What are the different types of green bonds?
- What are some of the benefits of green bonds?
- What is the existing green bond market infrastructure?
- How has the green bond market evolved?
- Who are the key stakeholders in the green bond issuance process?
- How does the issuance process of a bond labelled green look like?
- Who issues green bonds?
- Who invests in green bonds?
- What is the status quo of the green bond market?
- How do green bonds and climate finance interlink?
- How do green bonds contribute to the attainment of the SDGs?
- What is the Climate Bonds Initiative?
- An understanding of the concept of green bonds and where they sit within the sustainable finance market
- An overview of the different types of green bonds, its market infrastructure and the basics steps of their labelling and issuance process
- A brief analysis of the history of green bonds and the current state of this market
- An overview of green bonds’ stakeholders including issuers and investors, as well as the main benefits perceived by these two main actors, and the systemic benefits of debt instruments labelled green
- An understanding of how green bonds can be a tool to tackle climate change and how they meet the SDGs
What is the Climate Bonds Initiative?
The Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI) role is in outreach to inform and stimulate the market, working closely with core stakeholders through market and policy research, offering a partnership program with governments, investors and issuers offering support through capacity-building and other activities.
CBI’s work involves:
- supporting governments and corporates to develop sustainable finance strategies and plans aligning policy with industry innovation and institutional finance towards the transition to low carbon and climate-resilient economy
- providing market data and intelligence and market development analysis
- supplying assurance mechanisms for investors raising the integrity and credibility of the new debt instruments that support climate change
- For the last decade, CBI has been the world’s leading organization working to mobilize the largest capital market of all, the USD100 trillion global bond market, for climate change solutions.
When? Tuesday, 21 September 2021, 09:00-10:30 London | 10:00-11:30 CEST | 11:00-12:30 Nairobi | 16:00-17:30 Singapore