Investment planning toward low emissions development
Join the World Bank Group for a facilitated e-learning course on ‘Investment planning toward low emission development’.
This course compiles knowledge and lessons learned during the design and implementation of investment plans funded through the Climate Investment Funds (CIF), Clean Technology Fund (CTF), and the Scaling Up Renewable Energy Program in Low Income Countries (SREP). The objective of this course is to teach policymakers, planners, and climate change practitioners how to design and finance strategic plans and programs for low emissions development that go beyond a project-by-project approach.
The main objective of the course is to equip policymakers with best knowledge to draft a low emissions investment plan by:
- Preparing an overall investment strategy to achieve national goals related to climate change and energy security
- Launching a national dialogue to shape the plan and ensure public participation
- Scoping and prioritizing specific investments to meet those objectives, focusing on sectoral issues (energy, transport, industry)
- Selecting and setting up the appropriate financial instruments
- Involving the private sector to scale up action
- Undertaking the appropriate underlying technical, economic, and financial analyses
- Managing results, monitoring, and evaluation.
National-level policymakers, planners and practitioners working in the fields of clean energy, sustainable transportation, energy efficiency, and climate change. In the following order preference will be given to:
(i) National-level government policymakers, planners and practitioners working in the fields of clean energy, sustainable transportation, energy efficiency, and climate change from the 14 countries invited to prepare SREP investment plans (Bangladesh, Benin, Cambodia, Ghana, Haiti, Kiribati, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Nicaragua, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Uganda, Zambia).
(ii) National-level government policymakers, planners and practitioners working in the fields of clean energy, sustainable transportation, energy efficiency, and climate change from other developing countries.
(iii) Practitioners from development organizations or other institutions supporting countries in this work.
Find out more and enrol here. The course is free and registration ends on October 18th, 2016.
This course is run by the World Bank Group, a member of LEDS GP. Find out more about our membership or become a member here.
Photo: World Bank Group