Alternative fuel and advanced technology vehicles pilot program emissions benefit tool
The emissions benefit tool is an Excel-based tool used to calculate annual noxious gas and particulate matter emission credits (avoided emissions) from a fleet of alternative-fuel vehicles specified by the user.
This tool has been created for the Clean Cities Funding Opportunity for area of interest 4: Alternative Fuel and Advanced Technology Vehicles Pilot Program. The tool is based off the AirCRED model’s methodology using EPA’s MOBILE6 model and light duty vehicle and heavy duty engine certification data to generate criteria air pollutant emission credits. However, for this tool, the GREET model is also used to generate data for vehicles not certified and well-to-wheel greenhouse gas emissions.
Key questions addressed:
- What are the annual emission benefits associated with purchasing alternative fuel vehicles?
Sample data inputs:
- The number of vehicles planned to be purchased
- The average amount of miles each vehicle will be driven
- The amount of days per week each vehicle will be driven
Sample quantitative outputs:
- annual carbon monoxide,
- volatile organic compounds,
- nitrogen oxide,
- greenhouse gas emission credits.
Access the emissions benefit tool.