Automotive Deployment Options Projection Tool (ADOPT)
Automotive Deployment Options Projection Tool (ADOPT) is a modeling tool that predicts consumer demand for different vehicle types based on income distribution and other demographic attributes in a given region. It additionally estimates the impact of alternate vehicle technologies on petroleum consumption and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. The model validates in many relevant dimensions with historical vehicle sales data and captures market penetration by competing advanced technologies with all current makes and models.
Key questions addressed:
- How do alternative vehicle technologies and policies impact petroleum use?
- How do infrastructure constraints, consumer preferences, and vehicle attributes impact the future vehicle market share?
Sample data inputs:
- Vehicle characteristics
- Fuel prices
- Infrastructure availability
- GHG emissions by fuel by year
- PHEV utility factor
- Median vehicle miles traveled
- Consumer income distribution
Sample quantitative outputs:
- Vehicle sales
- Fleet count
- Petroleum consumption
- GHG emissions
ADOPT will soon be available for public download here.