ClearPath is an all-in-one suite of online tools for local governments in the United States, with four modules to complete greenhouse gas (GHG) inventories, business-as-usual forecasts, climate action plans, and progress monitoring at the community or government operations scale.
In the United States, two versions of the tool exist. ClearPath Pro contains all four modules and is free to ICLEI Members, Regional Affiliates, and their consultants. Non-members can also purchase annual subscriptions. A second version, ClearPath Basic contains only the Community Scale Inventory module and is freely available to any local government through the Compact of Mayors (compactofmayors.org). Additionally, all local governments in the State of California have free access to all features of the tool through the California Statewide Energy Efficiency Collaborative (SEEC) Program, where the tool is known as SEEC ClearPath.
Key questions addressed:
- What is my community’s baseline inventory?
- What is the forecast for future emissions under multiple scenarios?
- What are the benefits of emissions reduction measures?
- What do alternate planning scenarios look like?
Sample data input:
- Local emission factors for natural gas, gasoline, and electricity
- Average fuel economy for vehicles
- Composition of municipal solid waste
Sample quantitative output:
- Greenhouse gas inventories
- Emissions progress
- Future emission estimates
- Alternative planning scenarios