Global 2050 Pathways Calculator
The Pathways Calculator is an open-source model of the world’s energy, land and food systems to 2050 that allows you to design your own vision of the future and see the implications for the climate instantly. It is funded by the UK Government’s International Climate Fund and the EU’s Climate-KIC, and has been built by an international team. The Pathways Calculator is a free and interactive tool that helps you to understand the link between our lifestyles, the energy we use, and the consequences for our climate. It is aimed at anyone interested in exploring what a low-carbon world could look like in 2050. The Pathways Calculator shows that it is possible to prevent dangerous climate change and ensure people’s living standards continue to improve if we act now.
Key questions addressed:
- How can my country feasibly reduce GHG emissions by at least 80% by 2050, relative to 1990 levels?
- What are the GHG impacts and contributions of various behavioral and policy actions?
Sample data inputs:
- Scenario option for each category
Sample quantitative outputs:
- Supply and demand of energy and electricity
- Total emissions
- Energy flows
- Area of land required
- Impact on air quality
- Energy security and cost
View the Global Pathways Calculator.
View the China-specific calculator.
Visit the UK Pathways Calculator.
View the UK 2050 Calculator and associated documents
- Department of Energy and Climate Change