Global timber market and forestry data project
The Global timber market and forestry data project provides data on global forest resources and timber markets. The purpose of this data is to help modelers advance understanding about the important role that forests play in the global ecosystem and the effects that markets have on these resources.
The data can be used by modelers interested in incorporating a more explicit representation of forests into their models. Modelers who may have interest in using the data contained on this page include:
- those who have national or regional forestry models who wish to expand those models to a global scope,
- agricultural modelers interested in representing the land-use margin between agriculture and forestry more explicitly,
- energy modelers interested in capturing carbon sequestration in forests or potential for biomass energy, and
- individuals new to the forestry modeling area interested in getting started.
This forestry data is provided in individual country spreadsheets. Each spreadsheet contains three worksheets. The three datasets contained within each spreadsheet are:
- Data_Output: Contains basic economic data on timber types within the country
- GTAP_foracre: Contains inventory data on the hectares of land in each timber type, age class (where age class information is available), and AEZ
- GTAP_CO2: Contains information on carbon in each timber type, age class, and AEZ.
Access the Global timber market and forestry data project.