Open platform of climate-smart planning instruments
This presentation proposes an open platform of climate-smart planning instruments. The proposed platform includes:
- Integrate offering of tools, datasets and support for climate-smart and green planning
- Enhance readiness through better signposting, diagnostics, access and linkage with donor support programs
- Catalyze large, active community of practice for faster exchange and innovation
- Crowd-source to share, broaden and improve array of tools and datasets
- Facilitate knowledge exchange and effective learning
Year 1 and 2 are designed to demonstrate the concept and ensure an effective model:
- Initial focus on core suite of well-established tools and data sets for LEDS
- Capacity support in at least 10 countries in synergy with existing efforts
- Promote, maintain and develop tools and data, incl. through open interface
- Initiate community of practice
- Establish quick response helpdesk to facilitate identification of appropriate tools and approaches
- Establish platform, partnerships and organizational structure
Year 3 and beyond are expected to include broadening the scope and reach of the Platform.
The presentation was given at the Asia Low Emission Development Strategies (LEDS) Forum 2012: Catalyzing an Era of Green Growth that took place in Bangkok, Thailand during September 18-21, 2012.