Planning and Economic Studies Section (PESS) Capacity building
The Planning and Economic Studies Section (PESS) of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) offers assistance to United Nations member states, particularly from developing regions, to improve their energy system analysis and planning capabilities. Assistance can include:
- transferring modern planning methods, tools and databanks
- training for model set-up and application, including e-training
- interpreting, synthesizing and applying model outputs to policy formulation
- expert missions, fellowship, supplementary distance learning, and tele-support expert system
Training assistance includes meetings, workshops and training courses to enhance the analytical skills of energy professionals working in the area of energy, electricity and nuclear energy planning.
For a list of upcoming PESS training events in 2015 click here.
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)