Resources from LEDS Asia workshop: Mobilizing investment for LEDS in Asia’s agriculture sector
This three-day workshop, hosted by the Vietnam Ministry of Planning and Investment from October 28-30 2015, brought together over 150 representatives from government agencies, state and commercial banks, private sector investors and agri-businesses, and development finance. The workshop served to bridge these stakeholder groups and exchange experiences on ways to mobilize investment in support of mitigating greenhouse gas emissions from crop production and processing in Asia.
Together, participants discussed:
- climate smart agriculture;
- entry points for public and private finance for mitigation investments;
- available policy and finance instruments used by domestic and international public actors to mobilize investment; and
- emerging opportunities for public-private collaboration and scaled-up investment.
Participants also joined hands-on training in topics such as preparing climate finance proposals and using software to estimate greenhouse gas emissions for land use changes.
- Four priority mitigation actions for scale-up in low-emission crop production and processing;
- Recommendations for how governments can strengthen policies to create more effective enabling environments for investment in these priority areas;
- Identification of possible public-private joint actions that can be taken to accelerate these investment; and
- How the Asia LEDS Partnership can support progress on the above areas.
Access the materials from the workshop here.