SimCLIM is a software tool designed to facilitate the assessment of risks from climate change for sustainability officers, consultants, policy makers, academics, non-governmental and governmental organizations and students. SimCLIM uses the latest CMIP5 climate data. Maps, graphs and charts of various aspects of climate change can be generated spatially and for sites, for cities, provinces/states, nations, and the world.
Key questions addressed:
- What is the current climate variability and extremes?
- What are the present and future climate risks?
- What are the sectoral impacts of climate and sea level change?
Sample data inputs:
- Data on climate variables
- 40 CMIP 5 daily data models
- Capacity to include RCM data
Sample quantitative outputs:
- Mean temperature
- Minimum temperature
- Maximum temperature
- Sea level rise and monthly variability
- Extreme rainfall and probability