Key publicationsView all
Further resourcesView all
The Working GroupIf you like these resources and news stories about low emission development action in the transport sector, then why don’t you consider joining our expert Working Group to regularly share knowledge and experience with fellow professionals?
A team of international transport experts from the Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT), the Asociación Sustentar, the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) lead activities under this working group. The Working Group, in partnership with the Regional Platforms, is building a LEDS transport community, supporting champions and innovators, linking low emission transport expert networks, and exploring opportunities for collaboration at local and regional levels. Global efforts: Knowledge management and diffusion The Transport Working Group’s global efforts focus on providing knowledge products on the benefits and co-benefits of LEDS and NDCs that are accessible to members in all regions, as well as opportunities for members to learn from peers and experts at regional and international forums. Regional-specific capacity building The Transport Working Group coordinates with the Regional Platforms (e.g. Asia, Africa, Latin America and Caribbean and Europe & Eurasia) and other LEDS GP Working Groups (e.g. Subnational Integration, Finance, Energy) to design activities that are relevant to the specific needs of the region. In-Country Support In-depth, advisory support is provided on request. Experts from around the world will be available to provide objective advice, conduct reviews and brief assessments, collect data and recommend sources of longer-term support for individuals and organizations planning and implementing sustainable transport systems. For more information please see our factsheet. Join LEDS GP Contact us
- Peru’s National Climate Law: A critical step towards reducing global emissions
- Breathe clean
- Make roads safe
The Transport Working Group has launched two communities of practices (CoP) in the LAC and Asia regions. The objective of the CoPs are to provide a platform – virtual and in-person – for transport sector stakeholders within a region to discuss experiences and seek guidance on sustainable low carbon transport topics; learn from practitioners in peer countries with experience planning and implementing sustainable transport mitigation actions; and share relevant reports and resources. The Transport CoPs are intended to be an informal space to link expert assistance and technical know-how with on-the-ground challenges and priorities. The LEDS LAC Transport Working Group and the Asia LEDS Transport Community of Practice links its members with experts and peers through:
- Webinars: This form of online knowledge sharing affords an opportunity for members to increase knowledge-sharing and collaboration across the region.
- Virtual meetings: Members will have access to experts and the opportunity to participate in “Ask the Expert” online meetings where they can ask specific questions about why, how a low carbon transport actions.
- In-person training: Workshops offer the opportunity to provide hands on, in-person capacity building and peer-to-peer discussions on targeted topics.
The Transport Working Group provides support at the global, regional and local levels. Priority Areas The Working Group is focusing on supporting subnational integration and implementation of urban transport in Low-Emission Development Strategies (LEDS) and Intended Nationally-Determined Contributions (NDCs) with a focus on:
- Development and integration of transport actions into NDCs;
- Overcoming barriers that can prevent the NDCs from being fully realized;
- Implementation of these transport actions to achieve the NDCs; and
- Increase ambition to cultivate champions and build coalitions for action.